Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The McCain Loyalty Oaths...

Planning on voting for McCain?
Don't forget to take your loyalty oath first. Katie Harper has several oaths for you to take (for Women, men, and gays). I bring you the 'Oath for Women'.

Courtesy of Katie Halper at 23/6.com:
The McCain Loyalty Oath for Women

I _______________ pledge to transfer my support from Hillary Clinton to John McCain. I agree to do all I can do to get McCain the vote. In order to achieve this noble goal I promise to support McCain's...

  • fight to overturn Roe v. Wade and my right to choose.
  • fight against equal pay for men and women.
  • opposition to providing low-income and uninsured women and families with health care services ranging from breast and cervical cancer screening to birth control.
  • opposition to sex education and support of abstinence-only education.
  • opposition to insurance covering birth control.
  • endorsement of women's rights more "in theory" than in practice.
  • pet name for his wife.

As a woman I promise to apply McCain's principles to my own life and vow to...

  • call myself and my female friends the C word.
  • picket abortion clinics.
  • not use contraceptives.
  • drink bleach so I don't catch HIV and drink Mountain Dew so I don't get pregnant.
  • give back part of my salary to male coworkers.
  • not vote, but pursue education and encourage my father/husband/brother male friends to vote for McCain.

Once McCain is elected, I will continue to support him and I will not complain about my losing my right to choose, and other reproductive freedoms. And I will continue to refrain from pursuing equality for women.

Signature ____________

No comments: